Saturday, December 30, 2006

Recooperating Before Our First Preview Tonight!

I usually post after the rehearsal, but it's Saturday and so I have some time before to post a blog. I pretty much slept today because I still had a lot of congestion and thought that some rest would help. I finally rolled out of bed at 4pm and got some food at Cafe' Express. Then went to buy some medicine for this crap in my chest. I bought Mucinex for chest congestion. I know it's pretty powerful stuff so I'm hoping it'll do the trick. Right now, I'm feeling much better and my voice is back. I also bought some pomade to slick my hair back for Hot Blades Harry.

Funny, even with this stuff in my chest, I still have a head voice. So, I knew it wasn't as bad as previous experiences. I don't feel achy, so I know I'm not sick...I just sound that way. Anyway, I'm excited about our first preview. I know it's still pretty much a dress rehearsal with an audience, but still it's our start on our journey to gel this show. I think everyone in the cast is pretty psyched about this show.

So, I'm just going to relax before heading over to the theatre for the 7:15pm fight call to practice having Robbie the Stockfish lift me in the second act. I'm just amazed every time that someone can lift me.It just goes to show that with proper technique, anything can happen.

No comments: