Sunday, December 31, 2006

Back from First Preview

We had a great preview performance tonight. Our director was very pleased. The cast could tell the audience took a while to warm up to the show. I got some laughs during Old Man Strong's scene. And some as Hot Blades Harry. It was nice, since I felt like I was screaming the entire time to get past the congestion in my chest. As a friend of mine told me about his feelings about going on for a role he understudied, now I understand - "There were times I felt like I was sucking." I have to admit that I couldn't get out all my high notes during the numbers in the second act, but I tried.

I have to say that this show is just a rollercoaster ride from start to finish. And I don't have it as bad as the ensemble. At least I get a break after I get sent to Urinetown in the first scene. Act two is the big one for us all since we are pretty much onstage for the entire act. I was drenched in sweat during curtain call.

Afterward, some of us went to Chipoltapec for some Tex-Mex. As always, lively conversation by everyone. Now time for bed and hopefully my voice will be better in the morning.

No comments: