Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Cue to Cue Tech - Day One

Well, I just got home from our first day of tech after our 3 day holiday break. We got all the way to "Follow Your Heart" today. The tech rehearsal is going real slow, but the lights look great! Tomorrow should be more efficient - but I really don't mind as long as the lights look good. We have those lights that can move positions (high tech!)- on a smaller scale than a procenium stage. It's so cool and gives the show a much more professional look.

Well, I'm really tired. I was invited to Soupy Sue's birthday party, but I was too exhausted to attend. Sorry! The woman playing Little Becky Two-Shoes told me that her sister remembered me from when we did "Guys and Dolls" years ago. Her sister was a Hot Box Girl and I played Nicely-Nicely Johnson. I also had a nice conversation with Officer Barrel while we were waiting..and waiting and waiting for the next light cue. It's a tedious process, but there's more time to get to know your fellow castmates.

Ok, before I head to bed I wanted to share this bit of advice from an Original Broadway Cast member of Urinetown -"The golden rule is to throw it all against the wall and see what sticks."

No comments: