Tuesday, December 12, 2006

The Great Caruso

I found out last night, when I got to rehearsals for Urinetown that The Great Caruso burned down that morning at 5am. I'm still in shock about it. I did a few shows there. I was a 3 week replacement for The Fantasticks in '98 I think. Then did A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum a few years later and played almost every male role in the show. Spiro the owner was very impressed that I could learn all those roles. Most recently, I was one of the swing Aggies, etc for The Best Li'l Whorehouse in Texas.

Wow! I've met great friends and had some good times there. The food was pretty good too. I just can't believe it's gone. I'm going to try to go by there sometime this weekend. The theatre community is saddened by this. My heart goes out to Spiro, Vasilli and all the staff there. Especially at this time of year. I've heard that they are going to rebuild - and I hope it's true!

No comments: