Friday, December 29, 2006

Cue to Cue Day Three/First Dress Act One

Well, we survived our first dress rehearsal of Act One!

I got out of work early today, so I was s little late for the "Pee Ballet" rehearsal. But at least I didn't miss it. After another tedious cue to cue, we put our costumes on (that most of us had never had a fitting for) and ran thru Act One. I wear overalls as Old Man Strong and this is the first time I have ever worn overalls. My hat was too small and that was pretty much the only thing wrong with my costume. I wear a sleeveless shirt for Hot Blades Harry. For the quick change back to Old Man Strong in the Act One Finale, I just put my Old Man Strong jacket back on. Hopefully, that was enough. I didn't get a note on it - so I guess it was ok.

I felt good today. I got all my lines out and almost all right. I get mixed up on "Don't forget me, Bobby!" I think I said "Remember me, Bobby!" But I was getting more into the character of Old Man Strong and I can keep adding more stuff. Unfortunately, we don't have much more time before we preview on Saturday and then a performance for New Year's Eve.

And as we were leaving Senator Fipp invited everyone over to his place tomorrow night to watch the Dreamgirls DVD. Yes, the new movie that is out in the theatre. He is a movie critic so he gets a copy of the movie. So cool!

No comments: