Wednesday, December 6, 2006

First Two Rehearsals - Late post!

I'm catching up on posts. We just had our first two rehearsals for Urinetown.

December 4th - Monday was another music rehearsal. I can now say that I'm getting the high notes again. I guess I just needed to get them back in the right placement. We reviewed what we went over last week and then did the rest of "Act One Finale" and then "Look to the Sky".

December 5th - We did a complete read-thru of the entire script done around a table - the way it should be. The cast had a great time and laughing over the funny lines. Some of the lines, I didn't really hear until actually reading it off the page. We then staged the Opening number. I like the director's style. He's very specific in his direction and it's good, especially for this show. I can tell we are gearing toward new staging. Well, especially that the theatre is a thrust stage, it's going to be staged differently anyway.

We also got to see the set design and it's very cool. Similar to the original version, but a lot of the staging is pretty concrete of what is in the script - so the set would have to be similar. The director told us that before the show starts we will be doing a "Pee Ballet" during the Overture - which I think would be great and so original!

I don't have to be at rehearsal tonight until 8:30pm. So, I will have time to get some cardio at the gym. I've really been slacking on cardio, so I need to get more disciplined about it. Especially doing a show like this. Good! I'm hoping that writing this in my post will make me actually do it.

I wish they had wireless at the theatre. Then, I could do some posting during the show. I have some time during the show after Old Man Strong goes to Urinetown. I know I'm not in "Mr. Cladwell" and I think I won't be in "Cop Song", but we will see. That'll give me a good break in the first act.

No comments: