Saturday, March 17, 2007

Godspell/Don Giovanni - Piano Dress

Well, I saw etc's production of Godspell and it was very well done. My friend Kevin and Penny were in the show and they did a great job as always. Kevin's voice has much improved since I first met him. He has quit smoking and that has helped a lot. And Penny's singing is so great. She has more confidence and it shows. I always knew she had it in her. Oh and of course, my friend Kelley was great as usual.

I got to see them before and after the show and during intermission. I talked to Kevin and rubbed beards. This is the first time he's grown out his beard. After the show, I saw him again and the subject of moving to NYC came up. I told him that I was planning to do it later this year and he said that he wanted to go to! That would be so great to go up with someone. Cool, maybe this plan will all come together!

I stayed the night at my parents while my mom spent the night at my dad's hospital room. I visited them the next morning before my Don Giovanni rehearsal. My dad is doing great. They were just waiting on getting released from the hospital. I guess it takes a while to do that. He was all dressed and everything. I left there went to the gym and then headed to rehearsal.

I got caught in traffic and was a few minutes late, but luckily they started late and the chorus did not have to get into costume for this run. Ok, this opera is very long and the chorus does very little. The leads do all the work and both casts are doing a great job. And even better - it's a nice bunch of people. I just say it's because they have more baritones and basses more than tenors. But actually, the two tenors are very personable.

We had a pot luck dinner after this run. The food was provided by the Guild. Of course as is the tradition, the cast and crew introduced themselves and had to answer a question. This time, the question was. What is your greatest desire? The first person answered it as a joke - so that was the tone of most of the answers to follow. My answer was " my greatest desire is to finding ways to keep it interesting backstage for 2 1/2 hours with the rest of the chorus" or something to that effect.

No comments: