Friday, March 9, 2007

Back to Opera-land

Ok, well I tried to post something the other day, but I couldn't submit it and so now that's off to cyberland. We had a staging rehearsal of Act 2 of Don Giovanni on Monday for the "Angry Mob" scene. Yay! Since I've worked with the director before in Fiorello!, she puts me in most of the scenes. Last night, we staged the picking up the dead body of Commendatore. The guy is tall - so we have 4 guys picking him up. It only took a few minutes to figure it out and do it a couple times and then we were done.

Austin Vernon is assistant stage managing and also a super for this one and he is one of the guys picking up the dead body. After rehearsal, I went straight to the gym and did about 40 minutes of cardio in preparation for AIDA at HGO. I then woke up this morning and did 40 more minutes before work. I'm meeting with the rehearsal coodinator, Cindy Jones, later today for my informal meeting. I'm not feeling very in shape right now and hopefully that won't hurt my chances. But since she is desperate for men, I might get by.

Oh, and I did get in contact with my voice teacher. Have a lesson tonight!

1 comment:

Drewster said...

Austin Vernon? Is he still around? How is he doing? He was having a rough time of it when he was working on Jubeliee.