Saturday, March 10, 2007

AIDA and Voice Lesson

Well, I finally went by Houston Grand Opera yesterday and had my informal meeting with the rehearsal coordinator. I pretty much was already cast, but I guess this was a formality. She even told me my contract was in the mail (and I got it last night as well). I wasn't really sure what to expect because I knew they were looking for fit guys and I just feel soooooo out of shape right now. I haven't been keeping up with my cardio or my diet. But it was fine, I didn't have to go shirtless or anything. I'm guessing they will have to make due with what they have at the time.

I got a tour of the rehearsal space (which I remember from auditions and rehearsal for Alice in Wonderland years ago. And that was it. Afterwards, I drove down to my voice teacher's place in Friendswood. First thing she wanted me to do was to give her all my contact info. I guess she wants to get more organized with that. Then we went over my music for Don Giovanni which I needed help with the Italian text. We then worked on one of my audition pieces for HGO in May. Everytime it gets better and better and the high notes come out with ease now. We just have to get it consistent now.

Afterwards, her brood and I sat around a fire her husband made in the back patio. Was very nice. I told her of my plans to move to NYC and she is all for it!

1 comment:

Drewster said...

Plans to move?! When! What are we supposed to do?