Sunday, March 18, 2007

Don Giovanni - 2nd Piano Dress

Ok, well this morning at my church gig, I was a bit stressed because I got there at 9am and no one was there. Fortunately, one of the guys showed up a few minutes later and 2 more guys came in after that. Whew! Everything went well, we didn't have to process in and out - so that was a relief. Afterwards, I went to Tropioca to surf the internet a bit.

I was getting really sleepy, so I decided to head home and take a nap before rehearsal at 5pm. I woke up at 4:36pm, and barely realizing that I needed to leave ASAP. Luckily, I got there almost on time and put my costume on just in time to enter onstage to pick up the dead body. Oh, sorry, I also have to enter and act surprised and act while the soprano and tenor are singing something I have no clue. Then we pick up the dead body. '

Everything went well, and one of the women asked me to take her spot in lifting up the chair during the one and only full chorus number in the show. I'm guessing she just didn't want to lift it...cause it was actual work. When I was lifting the chair, I noticed that the women didn't really lift it as just doing the motion of lifting - while me and the other guy took the brunt of the weight. Ah well.

It's still a long opera. I got to sit in the house to see parts of it because I will not get to see any of it during performances. We have the Emerald cast's orchestra dress on Monday, then the Ruby cast's on Tuesday. Then we take a day off on Wednesday and then Emerald opens on Thursday. Yeah, this is so much different than theatre. I would never think of taking a day off before opening. Most theatre's are still painting sets and choreographing numbers on opening day. But it's kinda nice actually. We get a day off before opening in Aida at HGO too.

No comments: