Sunday, February 11, 2007

NYC Trip (2/08/07) Grey Garden Review

I saw Grey Gardens Thursday night (2/08/07) with my friend, Michael. He just moved here recently from Houston. He met me that afternoon while I was waiting in the TKTS line. We went out for early dinner then coffee, then dessert. I haven't seen him in a long time and it was great to hang out with him again like we used to in Houston.

First of all, we got great seats (tickets at TKTS) on Row J, 2 aisle seats, center orchestra. Also, I got the entire original cast - no understudies.

Amazing! Christine Ebersole is everything I thought she would be. Mesmerizing in my opinion. I just adored seeing Mary Louise Wilson onstage. I have seen her in many things on TV over the years. The entire cast was just excellent. I have to say that my absolute favorite person was Michael Potts who played Brooks Sr./Brooks Jr. His face during a certain not PC song peformed by Christine Ebersole as Big Edie in Act 1 was hilarious! I also thought the two little girls in the play were extremely talented.

Act 2 was very interesting! I told my friend who I was with that I want to see the show again, because there was so much to take in - especially in the second act.

No comments: