Sunday, February 11, 2007

NYC Trip (2/11/07) A Little Dog Laughed and Avenue Q

A Little Dog Laughed (3pm matinee) - I thought this was a great show. I can see Stages or the Alley doing this one. All 4 actors were strong - 2 men and 2 women. Julie White is hilarious! I love this woman. You may remember her from "Grace Under Fire" a few years back. She was truly the star of this show. Also a stand out was Zoe Lister-Jones who originated her role of Ellen when the show was Off-Broadway. The guys were great as well - I just enjoyed the women's roles better. It will probably be produced in Houston soon after it closes in NYC. Which I hear is just around the corner. That's one of the reasons why I decided to go see it instead of A Chorus Line or another show that I have seen before.

Avenue Q (7pm evening) - Great as always! I went to see the show again mostly to see my friend from summer stock, Ann Sanders. She was wonderful and funny as I knew she would be as Christmas Eve. I got to talk to her afterwards and we had a great conversation. She immediately recognized me. Wow! She asked how long it's been and it's been over 10 years! I just can't remember what year that was. I mentioned again that I was planning to move up there soon - and she was all for it. She is as sweet as she was back in summer stock. She told me to let her know when I come back and we could go out for coffee and she'll tell me all the good places to go to around the city.

No comments: