Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Act Two Sing Thru

Well, we got through Act Two last night. This is similar to an opera, in a way. I'm really psyched on hitting those high A flats to B flats (with ease) in those ensemble numbers. I think I'd hit them better if what's left of this chest congestion didn't get irritated and I start hacking after hitting them. I really need to get back to taking lessons again with my voice teacher. We were doing pretty good until I started rehearsal for Opera in the Heights, followed by Urinetown at Main Street.

Anyway, the show seems in really good shape for such a short rehearsal time. One of the actors in the show kept giving the cast notes that the musical director should have been giving. I appreciate the help, but I really hate when other actors give notes.

No comments: