Sunday, August 9, 2009

I'm back!

Well, it's been over a year since I have blogged on here. I have been laid off from the bank, moved to NYC, found a sublet in the Bronx, auditioned during the worst time ever, discovered background work, filed for unemployment, and now back in Houston for a few weeks to do On The Town at Bayou City Concert Musicals. Whew!

Oh, and this deserves it's own paragraph. On my 40th birthday, June 3, 2009, I decided to treat myself to see Broadway shows. So I got a ticket to see Blithe Spirit with Angela Lansbury, Rupert Everett and Christine Ebersole. Loved it! Angela is amazing! During intermission, I checked my PDA and then put it in my pocket. After the show, I checked my phone again and the screen cracked. I went to the Sprint store and they offered me a $150 credit for a new phone. Then I went to get a ticket for South Pacific.

I was trying to find somewhere to figure out my new phone, but places were packed with tourist. So, I decided to head near Lincoln Center and tried to catch a subway. Well, it was raining, and I slipped on stairs, and dislocated my right shoulder. Usually, I would have just immediately taken care of this and headed to the emergency room, but since I had just bought a ticket to a show - and being an actor and patron of the arts - I wanted to go see the show. I even walked all the way over to Lincoln Center and then got the common sense to go the emergency room - and just eat the cost of the ticket.

So, in short, the doctor's put it back in and it felt SO much better. They told me that it was the fastest that they ever put a shoulder back in the socket. So, that's how I spent my 40th birthday! I guess it had to be memorable.

No comments: