Thursday, May 22, 2008

Ugh...No Company...but Yes NYC and MonaVie!

Well, after a talk with the director of the show, I couldn't convince her to do a special appearance agreement for Company. So I don't get to do it. I was so close to scabbing just to do a show. But after getting advice from some fellow equity members, I decided to go the good route and decline the role. Sadly. I was looking forward to it. I even highlighted my script and score and tabbed the pages. So you know I was really into it. I'm never that organized.

So now I'm headed to New York City again in June. I'm there to help out my friend, Scott, with the Theatre World Awards as a volunteer. I'm also going to sneak in a couple auditons. I've also been reconnecting with a lot of theatre folk I have worked with over the years and will possibly be getting together with them. I'm only there for 4 days - so it should be jammed packed! I'm also going to catch some shows. Unfortunately it won't be South Pacific on this trip, but they are now an open run and so I can see it later.

On the move to NYC, it has been delayed until the end of the year. I'm taking care of my parents place in Galveston until they come back from the Philippines in November. In the meanwhile, I am trying to build this new business of mine called MonaVie. It's a great company and a great product. I'm feeling so much better now. I'm just waiting for everyone else to see the light. I haven't been working it as much as I should, but work seems to get in the way.

I can see now that I really need to get away from this job. It's draining all my positive energy when I'm there. Most of my co-workers don't see it at all. They just see it as selling juice. And there's so much more, but I don't have time to explain it to them at work. I have no downtime. I barely get a lunch. I usually eat at my desk. And now the end of month is almost here and I am dreading it so much.

Anyway, I truly believe this new business will be my ticket out of the corporate world. I have great mentors and supporters to help me through! And it'll be a great way to be able to afford to live in NYC.

1 comment:

Drewster said...

Sorry to hear about Company.

What you need to do is combine acting and MonaVie at work. When everyone is down and low energy, turn on the high pep and when they ask how you can have so much energy, tell them it is the juice!