Monday, August 17, 2009

The Time Traveler's Wife/Julie and Julia

Ok. I thought Time Traveler's was good, but not great. It was too much of a condensed version of the book, that focused more on the love story. Granted, I know they were gearing this up as a "chick flick", but I think they could have broader the audience by adding more about the technical aspects of the time traveling (and possibly curing it). Also, Henry was pretty much a sex maniac (in the book) and they chose to cut that aspect from the movie. The ending was different from the book, but still effective. Although, the book ending was better at showing how love can stand the test of time. But that is my humble opinion.

Julie and Julia was very cute. Of course, Meryl Streep was awesome and made Julia Child a human being and not a cartoon. Amy Adams was cute. Some people thought the character was annoying, but I didn't see that. She was just a real person. Also, the men in their lives played by Stanley Tucci and Chris Messina were very complimentary of their counterparts. I looked forward to seeing them on screen. And to see Messina in more stuff. What else has he done? Fun movie! It made me want to cook more.

No comments: