Sunday, August 16, 2009

Well....

I haven't seen The Time Traveler's Wife yet. Hopefully, tonight! I can't wait for my P90X to be delivered on Wednesday. I need something productive since I have nothing to do during the day. This kind of reminds me of how my life was like before I got into a relationship, got out of a relationship and then got a full time job in the corporate world.

I appreciate that I can start over and restart my life at 40. I think the phrase, "Life Begins at 40", is becoming true...at least for me. As I have more free time here for a few weeks in Texas to re-evaluate my life again, I have discovered more things about myself that I think will improve it in the future. For most of my life, I have always tried to please people and always placed my feeling behind others. I've just been raised to do that. And I don't think it's truly what I want. I tend to be what people want me to be, just so I don't make any waves. And then get frustrated later on, because that's not really me.

I can see now that I have always been a unique personality, but every time that I try to express myself - I get someone telling me that's not appropriate. So I have become over the years what various people call appropriate and it's been easy to maintain that. Now that I am older, I am ready to change that and challenge myself to becoming my true self. "Be true to yourself". So get ready to see some great changes to me in the future!

No comments: