Saturday, November 24, 2007

Another Trip to NYC - Three (3) If You Are Counting

Well, I went to NYC again! This time I was going as a newly carded Actor's Equity member. My plan was to audition for Les Miserables on November 16th, but a couple weeks before the trip they made an announcement that the show was going to close on January 6, 2008. They canceled the audition, but I had already made the flight reservation. Oh well! So I decided to audition for whatever was auditioning the time I would be in NYC.

I also planned to watch shows, and then the announcement came a few days before the trip that the stagehands were striking. Just my luck! But the shows that I wanted to see were not affected. I saw Young Frankenstein, The Joy Luck Club, The Ritz, Die Mommie Die!, and Forbidden Broadway: Rude Awakening. I had auditions to go to during the day. I went to the union office early in the morning. However, I failed to write down the floor that the audition was on - which I found out was very important because the entire building is the union's. I decided to forgo the audition and just get coffee and relax. I then waited in line at TKTS (which was not busy) and got tickets to The Joy Luck Club.

The night before my next audition, I decided to check my audition book for music, picture and resume. To my surprise, my pictures and resumes were not there! I just grabbed it leaving Galveston not realizing (until that moment I didn't have it) that I left it in the back of my car. I took out the pics and resumes when I was about to audition for TUTS because I didn't want to have too much in the book when I was auditioning. So, as you can tell, I did not audition. Ah well, no biggie. There will be plenty more auditions.

I did have a chance to meet an online friend in a bar suggested by him before seeing a show Friday night. We had a nice but brief conversation. He asked when I was coming back to NYC, and suggested that we meet again whenever that would be. I don't know when I will be able to make it back, but I hope it is soon.

I'm also planning to go to Chicago, IL in a couple weeks and audition for replacements for the Broadway, National Tour and Las Vegas companies of Mamma Mia. More to come with that.

No comments: