Saturday, November 24, 2007

Great News About My Bank Job....Really!

I never write anything about my job at the bank, but this is something to write about. My supervisor told me in confidence that I will be getting a good raise this year. This news is great because for the past 2 years I have not had an increase in my salary. I was on the "needs improvement" status for those 2 years. It was a real blow to my confidence at work because up until then I had been doing really well at work. By the way, I have been working at this job for 10 years come March.

I have been waiting for a good time to leave and I was planning to next March or April. But I may stay a little longer and wait for a severance package that will be great when I move to NYC. Some of the bookers and the reconciler department are being let go in February and their functions are going to Bangalore, India. Talk around the office is that soon after that happens that more functions will go over there. Actually, I think people were happy they were getting laid off. I know I would.

So, now I will be taking short trips to NYC and wherever there is an audition worthy of buying a plane ticket. If I get something from that, they I will surely leave as soon as possible!

No comments: