Friday, July 15, 2011

Are We There Yet? Regular Bar Patron!

Well, I have finally gotten a semi-regular background gig. I am now part of the regular background actors who appears as a regular bar patron in the new upscale bar called "Martin" named after that character (the white guy) in the TBS sitcom Are We There Yet?. I was booked for the first day in the bar as sort of an audition. So everyone was wondering if they were going to be picked. I, of course, thought everyone was prettier and they were going to pick those guys. But about a week later, I got a call for another day and we were the established bar patrons. Woo hoo!

It's an easy gig. We mostly sit at tables in the bar having fake conversations with each other while the leads do their thing. Probably the hardest part of the gig is getting up early, going to Grand Central Terminal to board a train to Stamford, CT where the show is filmed. Then a van picks us up from the Stamford station and takes us to the studio about 5 minutes away. The crew works very fast and we're usually out of there in about 4 hours. The only bad thing is that we get wrapped right before lunch - which sucks. So, most of us end up grabbing as much craft services as we can before boarding the van to the train station.

We have gotten about 1 day of work a week so far. And only gotten 2 days of work so far and this week, they didn't need the bar patrons at all. So works is kind of random, but at least I know I will be called sooner or later. I'm just glad for the work. And all the tv shows are starting back up for the new season, so I am looking forward to lots and lots of bookings. Maybe even get core on some shows. Along with the ongoing shows they have added 9 new shows that got picked up from pilot season earlier this year. So, I look forward to getting to blog about those experiences in the future.

No comments: