Friday, December 28, 2007

Howl At the Moon

By Larry O'Keefe (Bat Boy, Legally Blonde)
Song written for his version of Shrek, the musical.

Nice place you got here. I like it. It's clean.
Even the johns and the lawns are so green.
And if he makes you happy, I want you to stay.
But before I can go, I have something to say.

Most of my life, I have hid from the light.
But once in a while, on a cold, cloudless night.
When the moon was so full, I could smell the spring tide.
I would stand in her glow, and have nothing to hide.

And I would howl, howl at the moon.
Oh, I would howl, howl at the moon.
Oh, I would howl in loneliness and fear,
'Cause the moon gave no sign, that she even could hear.

You shine just as bright, but from farther above
And it looks like I've fallen far short of your love.
But my heart will be yours til the day that I die.
And with every full moon, you will hear my goodbye.

'Cause I will howl, howl at the moon.
Oh, I will howl, howl at the moon.
And though I howl, I won't expect your tears.
It's enough that I know, there is someone who hears.

You'll hear me howl, the whole night through.
Oh, I will howl for the loss of you.
Oh how the world will cover up their ears.

When the full moon appears,
For the rest of my years.
I will howl at the moon,
And I'll know someone hears.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I bet, 10 to 1 that Larry O'Keefe, who i've actually met before and is a rather nice fella, his version of Shrek is probably sooooo much better than the one that's on Broadway right now. I will bet you.