Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Back From Chicago

Chicago was snowy. I arrived early around 9:30am and my audition for Mamma Mia wasn't until 12:06pm, so I decided to take my time and get some coffee at the airport. I headed around 10:30am and got on the Blue Line train. My friend, Robert, told me that I would have to get on a shuttle bus between Harlem and the next stop. But after I got back on the train, we had to stop to let 2 other trains go by.

So, needless to say, I was late for my audition. I got there around 12:45pm and checked in with the monitor. She told me that I would have to be placed later - but I would be seen. I just waited a few minutes and then my name was called. I met some nice people in line. Some women had not performed in a while, but decided to audition for this show. I also met a woman in the lobby as I waited for Robert and Randy to pick me up after the audition. She had a lot of great info about the acting community in Chicago. She said that I would do well there. Hmmm, now that's another option.

Robert, Randy and I grabbed some lunch. Then I settled into my room at their house. They had a great house, by the way - and I had nice room. I'll be looking forward to staying there again. Then I went to see Jersey Boys. I decided to see it again, because I heard so much about Jarrod Spector who plays Frankie Valli. I heard John Lloyd Young, who originated Frankie Valli in the Broadway production, say that he was the best of all the Frankie's out there. He's more old school and less "American Idol".

The show was good as before. Jarrod was great, although he seemed tired in the beginning. Maybe tired from the matinée earlier that day? I expected an obstructed view, but I couldn't see anything on the catwalk. Oh well, good think I saw the show before. Next day, we had brunch at a Mediterranean restaurant. Good food! Then I flew back to Houston. Short but fun trip!

No comments: