Sunday, May 6, 2007

AIDA Is Finally Closed!

Well, I haven't been posting lately because there really wasn't much to talk about. Since we were called in 15 before the show started, and our super entrance was about an hour and 15 minutes after that. We pretty much had enough time to put the make-up and costume on and had a bit of time to chat and socialize around the dressing room.

I usually ended up in one of the dancer dressing rooms, because I had worked with Caesar and Nick before. It usually takes me a while to warm up to someone, I guess. Not that I was a recluse, but some days I felt like I was left out of things the other supers were doing after the show.

There was the one night that some of the supers would stay until the end of the show because there was a cast party at Birapiretti's. Since there was about an hour and a half from our last scene to the end of the show,I decided to just say, "hey what's everyone doing tonight?" I got a reply from one of "we're not sure yet". But once they did decide, I didn't get an invite to join. They just all walked out together. So, I ended up reading in the dressing room until the party started.

And then there was the time after our second student matinee, that the same group of 'we're not sure yet' were going to lunch. No invite. I thought it might be that they knew that I was going back to work but they asked a guy by my dressing station, 'oh I know you work, but just to let you know that we're going to lunch' - this was pretty much said over my head to him...and I was the only other person in the room.

I guess I just give off that vibe of not being social or something. Nothing against anyone. They are all friendly and everything. I just don't seem to get invited to anything. I seem to be the forgotten person. Or maybe that I'm quiet and not pulling any focus or attention to myself that people don't notice me.

1 comment:

MikeyPod said...

yuck. i hate feeling like that.